Core Australian Equities Portfolio
Our Core Australian Equities Portfolio is designed utilising both primary and third-party research in order to identify and value profitable, high-quality ASX listed companies. Any investment decisions are made taking a long-term view. The Strategy is designed to generate tax effective returns from a concentrated portfolio of companies with future forecasted earnings growth in excess of the ASX200 whilst also seeking to maximise income through dividends.
Our conservative investment style favours companies with sustainable earnings and dividends. The aim of which is to protect shareholder capital, minimise unnecessary turnover and to deliver positive risk-adjusted returns over the long-term.
The portfolio is concentrated with a maximum of 12 holdings at any one time. We do not believe in diversification for diversifications sake and would rather hold the best of breed businesses within their sectors. Portfolio diversification is achieved by investing across various geographies and industries as well as companies that have different earnings drivers.
Portfolios are constructed based on the following guidelines:
- ASX listed with a minimum market capitalisation of $500m
- Provide exposure to a minimum of 4 industry (GICS) sectors
- Comprise of 8 to 12 companies
- Equal security weightings at time of purchase
- Meeting the investment objectives i.e. growth with reasonable yield
- Minimise transactions where necessary with a long term view taken on each stock